magic feats

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:52:30 +0100

James Turner asks

>But if it is too fluffy and free why even bother having "sunset leap".
>You could just have "air magic", "combat magic" etc and loose all the
>cool feat names.

Well newbies and old hands both are helped by evocative names. While we have all said we don't know what "Sunset Leap" is meant to mean, we can all think of several things it might mean, without needing to know any "in game" words (my counter examples of "Fury of Osano Wu" and "Tensers Transformation" have "in game" names which won't help a complete newbie - Sits back and waits for people to flood him with examples of HW feats like this)

>Take these combat feats, "slashing blow", "truesword stroke" and
>"swordhelp". Is there any difference between them? The answer seems to
>be dependent on the GM.

Based on Roderick's recent description of Edges & Bonuses (bonus = +5%, Edge = +1 damage) I would say

"Slashing Blow"  provides an Edge
"Swordhelp" Provides a Bonus
"Truesword Stroke" Provides an Edge & a Bonus

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |