Re: Final action

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:53:11 -0700

> > I don't remember if this has been discussed in the past, so
forgive me if
> > it has.
> >
> > I have a question about the final action rule, which states that
if you are
> > driven below 0 AP in an extended contest you can (under certain
> > circumstances) attempt another action.
> >
> > My question is: what do you bid, since you don't have any AP
left? A hero
> > normally can bid up to his starting AP anytime, even if is negative? And
> > non-hero? Thanks for the answers.
> >
> > Finally yours,
> > Alex.
> >

> Heroes are always allowed to bid more AP than they have, but take the
> penaltires of failure. I think that others will probbly be able to
> quote the precise rules on this for desperation and over bidding on APs.

Specifically, Heroes can bid up to their Starting AP (if they currently have less AP than that). If they fail, well, they're probably worse off than they were in the consequences department.

Note that heroes that have *more* AP than they started with can bid the whole lot - the "Starting AP" is not a limit of how many you can bid, just your "credit limit" if you are low.

Roderick