Re: Abstractions

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:00:53 -0700

> So what actually happens to the Followers in the normal rules? How is
> the AP loss translated into Follower injury or death? I assume they're
> not just so insignificant and expendable as to be unhealable?

Followers drop out of the combat when their loaned APs are exceeded.

example:

I have a skill of 5w. I have a Follower who has an appropriate skill of 15. My Starting AP is 25, my total AP is 40. My follower will "stop" an additional attacker (no penalty until *3* people attack me). When I have lost 15 AP (I'm down to 25 or less), my follower is out of the fight - so I lose his aid, getting a penalty when *2* people attack me. If I get my AP above 25 again, he has rested & caught his breath, got his courage back, decided that "it was only a flesh wound" or something similar.

Followers suffer one level of Defeat worse that the main hero - so if *I* am Dazed, my follower (all my followers) is Hurt.

Yes, it is simplistic...

Roderick