Re: First Session

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:52:07 -0700

> Well, I ran my first Hero Wars game on Saturday and I have some questions
> (directed at Roderick and the other writers, though any input is welcome):

Congrats!

> 2. Is it appropriate for characters to list feats from other keywords in
> their list of ten things? I tend to say no, but what about the Bevara
> devotee who wants to magically cure disease a la Chalana Arroy? Any
> suggestions?

I think so. I think that any thing can be mentioned in your character's write-up. What the words mean can be open to interpretation, but I think you write anything you want. Samples in the game include a humakti who travelled to the east and joined a secret society of some sort, it includes magic a bag with some sort of spirit in it. A good reference for HW write-ups is David Dunham's site. Look at the Dawn Age campaign for two character write-ups that include a lot of really wiggy references.

> 3. What is the Hero Wars canonical availability of iron items? The Humakti
> player listed iron weapons and armor and I let him, but I was unsure of how
> "kosher" this was.

Go for it!

> 3a. Is this iron unenchanted? Is unenchanted iron currently part of the
> Glorantha setting?
>
> 3b. Is there any thought given to the ability of unenchanted iron to more
> easily penetrate lesser armor, etc.?

In the game iron weapons have their weapon rank raised by 2. So a sword has a rank of 3, an iron sword is rank 5. Normal armor is 3.

> 4. If a player lists Initiate of (Second God) in the list of ten things,
> does this mean that he gains those affinities as well? The example is a
> Devotee of Humakt who also wants to be an Initiate of Orlanth Adventurous.

Devotees cannot be Initiates of other gods. Initiates can be Initiates of other gods and then would gain the other affinities yes.

--

Wesley Quadros
Cruise Director

www.celtic-webs.com