Re: First Hero Wars Session Questions

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:35:07 -0400

At 09:36 AM 04/12/2000 -0400, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:
>Andrew Dawson wrote:
>> 1a. Since an integrated spirit is worth two fetishes, do you think that
>> each line in the ten items list counts as 1 integrated spirit or 2
>> fetishes, 1/2 integrated spirit or 1 fetish, or something else?
>
>I'd make him pay the wordage - "Intergrated" then "Spirit" -- can't get
>something for nothing, but I may be being a bit of a bastard. Anyone
>who is trying to abuse the rules should be... well... gently chastized.

To be fair to the player, I think that he was trying to understand what he could do. Rules abuse comes later. I understand your thoughts about wordage, but wordage doesn't matter since I am using the list method.

>> 1b. Does it seem logical that a starting shaman will only have one-use
>> fetishes? I allowed one to be 3/day and another to be 1/day.
>
>If you read the listing, Shamen can refil their Fetishes more or less
>readily. Also, the starting shaman may be relatively new. They could
>be fetishes provided by his teacher... He could always try to rebind or
>reenchant them, to see what neew totals he gets -- of course those 17
>might fetishes he gets at start may tear apart the nascent shamen...
>But a 12 could probably be rebound easily.

What I read is that Animists can refill their fetishes between adventures. If you have other information, please provide location so that I can look it up. I agree/assume that the more powerful spirits come from a mentor.

>> 1d. It seems that integrated spirit abilities are a lot less useful if
>> using Might/10 (1.3 for the ones in 1c. above). Does this seem right? My
>> solution was to allow integrated spirit abilities to be bought at target
>> number 13 during list of ten character creation, just like any other listed
>> abilities. Any comments?
>
>No, they are a new ability. And should start at 13 just like any
>other. I think this is covered in the Advanced magic and the Animist
>section at length, which I admit, you may not have access to.

I have access to it. The Animist Character Creation section does not mention this starting at 13. I was extrapolating from the character creation rules and misreading the Might/10 of passion spirits to apply to all spirits.

Thanks for the response,
Andy