Re: Re: one off feats & other rules

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:47:33 -0400

At 09:09 PM 04/07/2000 -0700, David Dunham wrote:
>An all or nothing attack would be more like a Humakti's secret
>ability to kill with a glance. This too uses APs, but is also a
>secret, so it's all or nothing in that the Humakti has to wager all
>his APs (if I remember correctly -- we didn't playtest this). If he
>fails, he loses a point in the ability, as well as all his APs. But
>he's not dead.

I think that the example on page 6/8 of the Mysticism chapter demonstrates that the effects of the mystic strike can apply to the striker if he loses (the example states that a failed Mind Strike that drives the striker below 0 AP will drive him mad). Is there an official ruling or correction on this?

Thanks,
Andy