Re: Spirit combats, fire not spirt

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:40:17 -0700

IMO, At 03:43 PM 7/13/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>When a nature spirit (let's say a Flame Spirit) attacks a hero, can
>the hero harm the spirit without magic (with his nasty blade)?

I would rule that a sword is of little effect against a fire, but that a blanket or water would be entirely effective against a flame spirit.

Do not think of this as a spirit first.It is the flame that is affecting your character. The flame happens to be from a spirit.

>When a possessing spirit/ghost attacks a hero and it is trying to do
>its best to possess him, what is the relevant ability used by the
>hero to resist, provided he doesn't know spirit combat?
Any one or combination that he and the Narrator feel is most relevant, perhaps modifed.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>