Re: Re: Highlander for HW

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:16:55 -0700

> One thing we briefly discussed after one of the games at Rocococon
> was whether there should be a mechanism for sacrificing points to
> boost your chance of/level of success - to represent the hero who is
> prepared to sacrifice himself in order to ensure a victory. I think
> this would have to be in terms of Wounds/Injuries rather than AP's,
> and even then it might be a bit easy to "shrug off" with healing
> after the fight (It's supposed to be to allow thenoble sacrifice of
> the tragic hero, not a way for the player who took "Follower: Bevaran
> Medic" to "power up" his character!)

The Hero Point Bump represents just such a sacrifice (the hero is sacrificing a future improvement for immediate gain). While this doesn't automatically result in injury, you can still describe it as such (and "heal up" in the post fight phase): "I grab his sword, cutting my hand but keeping it out of the way while I stab him through the heart" (envisioning the scene in Neeson's Rob Roy).

RR