LM forger

From: rexabean_at_...
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:25:40 +1000

G'day,

Ian Thomson said:>> I've invented a Supporting Character who used to be a L Mhy, but was thrown out of the temple for forging passes and other documents

Now, according to the Jolsadaring information this isn't possible, since the apostate's brain would be devoured from within, and h'e be dead

>> My question is, how are exceptions possible?

Hang on. Doesn't a priest need to dob him in to the god or summon the spirits of reprisal to attack ? I would have thought for minor stuff the god might not notice for a while and then if it continued (or knowledge started being destroyed) a vague feeling of badness would settle around the temple. Actually hitting the bad guy with Brain Flayers would take quite a while. Surely the priests have to actually work out who is in the wrong first ?

Of course this conversation about the infallibility of the gods (or otherwise) has happended many times before. I prefer that they are not infallible. Otherwise everyone is perfectly well baheved or dead. No room for backsliders and interesting plots at all if the Gods know everything IMHO.

Cheers, Andrew