Re: Re: Using Two Weapons? (again)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:55:34 +1200

John Briquelet:

>The aforementioned armor and weapon ranks are EXACTLY what I mean.

There's a difference between how Hero Wars handles them and your need (now dropped) to specify penalties based on offensive and defensive stances. That was said in the light of your criticism of us as not following the logic of the rules.

Secondly I did make the point that the weapon and armour strike ranks cease to become important at higher skill ratings. When the hero becomes noteworthy, the rules will become a complication at best and thus no fun anymore for the player anymore; if he uses he's just wasting time whereas if he doesn't, then he's no different from other fighters. Hence the suggestion that two-sword fighting be best handled by having the hero _describe_ what he is doing with his two swords, rather than overtly model it with rules. That way as he gains in heroic stature, he still has the same scope for fun in fighting with two swords as before.

--Peter Metcalfe