Re: How to handle Obligations?

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:42:12 +0100

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 21:37:28 -0000, "markmohrfield " <markmohrfield_at_zoomtown.com> wrote:

>One thing that puzzles me about the new rules is how to handle the
>various obligations for the magic keywords. In the case of theists
>intiates and devotees have to spend,resectively, 30% and 60% of their
>time, energy and resources in worship. On one hand, I don't want to
>have to tell someone to sit out an adventure because his character is
>a devotee, but on the other hand there must be some price for this or
>no one will want to play initiates, or other lower rank keywords. Any
>suggestions?

Well, that's exactly what you DO have to do if the adventure doesn't fit with their cult obligations, that's the point of it. Of course, there are lots of ways round it, multiple characters are obvious, and my first choice as a player. two or three with differing obligations and skills, one the 'major' character, the others to fill in when he/she is unavailable.
Another is fitting the character's obligations into the adventure - devotees don't all have to sit around in a temple chanting mantras and contemplating their navels, Uroxi (when we get to see them) will spend a lot of their time out hunting chaos, whether they like it or not!

Wulf