Re: How to handle Obligations?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:50:15 -0400

markmohrfield wrote:

> One thing that puzzles me about the new rules is how to handle the
> various obligations for the magic keywords. In the case of theists
> intiates and devotees have to spend,resectively, 30% and 60% of their
> time, energy and resources in worship. On one hand, I don't want to
> have to tell someone to sit out an adventure because his character is
> a devotee, but on the other hand there must be some price for this or
> no one will want to play initiates, or other lower rank keywords. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Mark Mohrfield

We make our adventures only on a seasonal basis... Most of us have obligations.

But going on a raid is good for many of yoru time oblications for instance (Orlanth, esp). Remember, its doing 'things that are pleasing to your god' which can be something as prosaic as farming to something as esoteric as letting smoky inscense trail in the wind from the top of the nearby mountain.

And that makes for adventures built around actually DOING your godly duties -- humakti making expeditions to the Upland Marsh frex.

Jeff Kyer