Re: God-Talker's "God"

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:06:23 -0000

> For example, a god-talker who follows the Finnovan the Raider sub-
> cult of the Orlanth-Adventurous aspect of Orlanth would have:
> a) initiate to Orlanth?
> b) Initiate to Orlanth adventurous?
> c) Initiate to Finnovan?

Finovan is a subcult of Orlanth Adventurous, so you'd probably put (c), but this would inevitably subsume (a) and (b).

> If it is c, what about the rare case of a god talker belonging to
two
> sub-cults, would he have both?

Well, I suppose so - but the whole point of a god-talker is that this is a person with a very specific relationship to their deity - most would also be devotees, anyway. But of course there is always scope for a cool backstory to allow exceptions - after all, these are Orlanthi, the 85% Tribe!

Mark