Re: Magic on sale, get three for the cost of one.

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:51:14 -0000

> Well, you needn't worry. I made it up for the sake of the argument.
> Potato Peeling would probably belong to the things no self
respecting
> hero would ever fail at. Still, there may be an odd myth and HQ in
there
> somewhere...

It might frighten some Aldryami..

> I suppose the thing to do is just to treat followers a bit like
objects
> :-)
> If your Iron Potato Peeler has a feat of Ever-Sharp and during the
> course of the game is revealed to also have the feat Remove
Disgusting
> Black Stuff - why can't followers learn new things as long as you
pay
> for them?

That's exactly what we're doing - for 1 HP, you can add a tertiary ability to a follower at -16 from the hero's best ability. A couple of my character's followers now have 3 or 4 abilities (one is Warrior, Wolfrunning, Telmori, Tracking, the other is Overdruva Initiate, Embroidery, Fit. Yes, embroidery).

Wulf