Re: Fetish V Integration

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:17:13 -0700

> >Well a RQ Character could only have a limited number of bound spirits,
> >but an unlimited number of matrices etc. If the same "rules" apply to
> >Hero Wars then there must be a limit to the number of spirits a
> >character can integrate...
>
> I've looked in the Animism chapter and I've seen nothing along the lines
of
> limits to the number of integrated spirits. Is there any opinion from
Those
> Who Might Know?

There is nothing like that in HW. You can have as many fetishes as you can carry. You can have as many integrated spirits as you can bind.

Fetish Pros:
The hero doesn't need to do anything to get it (that is, he doesn't have to fight the spirit, he can just have a "filled" fetish handed to him with simple instructions).
"Cheaper" at Char-gen time.
Can be "refilled' with another type of spirit, aloowing the hero to have the type of spirit he needs.

Cons:
Can be taken away from the character
One-use, then it must be "refilled"
Character can't really specify the spirit. Might get a spirit of lesser Might next time it is "refilled".

Integration Pros:
Can't be taken away without *major* magic. (not currently in the rules, but...)
Always available
Can be used as many times as you want during the course of the day/adventure You can invest HP to make your ability greater

Cons:
The hero must capture the spirit himself. In some rare circumstances you may be forced to fight to keep the spirit (no, this isn't in the rules, but it could happen...) Can piss off other spirits (again, not in the rules). "more expensive" at Char-gen time.

RR