Re: Re: HQ questions

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 23:43:58 +0100

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:08:53 -0000, "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha_at_indigost.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>But does this matter? There are plenty of daimones that live in the
>godplane that do not have high skills in anything and are never
>named.

But that's the point, they never were. Most of the myths are about how INDIVIDUALS gained power or knowledge. The Vingan one was about how Vinga challenged the THunder Brothers - not about how she led a mob into Orlanth's hall and started the Gloranthan Olympic Games!*

Modifying HQs by saying 'lower level questers play lower level parts' just seems to me to be forcing things. Better to have allowed the same HQs to be played at different levels than to have to shoe-horn extra minor characters into the story.

Wulf