Re: More on Wealth

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 17:27:47 -0000

No cement. No gain. Just like in books and shows, things tend to get left or lost or forgotten. You have to pay the HP to make them 'important'

> 2) Convert them to Cash (wealth) or influence (relationships with
> NPC's or Groups - "I'll give my share to the temple, can I count
that
> as 'Game related' for my relationship (High priest)?" - This will
> require spending Hero points on the Wealth or Relationship scores

This is a very good idea. Should be done more often by heroes.

> 3) Cement them as items on the Character Sheet (spending HP to add
> them to your sheet).

I believe it also says you can convert the value of the items into wealth and then cement 1/10 of that onto your permanent wealth category for 1 HP. If they are magical or somehow 'funky' items, they have to be cemented to say. If they are just things like a chain shirt or the like, they do not _require_ being cemented.

> I don't think it is "fair" to give characters the benefit of (2)
"for
> free" if they choose to do (3) - Although there are obviously times
> when possesing an item or items might also account for an increase
in
> wealth and/or influence.

Learning to say 'yes' or sure' seems to be the hardest thing about narrating Hero Wars. Option 2 loses the hero the item. It lets them buy the trait up for an 'in game' cost. And sometimes, its VERY hard to bring one's various relationships into the game. Giving gifts is very, very Orlanthi and should be rewarded. Generosity, afterall, is a kingly virtue.

Jeff