RE: Quest Challenge gains

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:45:32 +0100

On Tuesday, October 02, 2001 2:51 PM, Benedict Adamson [SMTP:badamson_at_...] wrote:

> The rules as they are wrote pretty much REQUIRE you to put up a big
> ability in a QC, which is therefore likely to be the characters
> biggest ability. The result of such a QC (which I suspect is a common
> type) is either doubling the ability or losing it entirely.

This, of course, assumes that the ability being wagered is the *same* as the benefit to be gained from the quest. I would strongly discourage any player from doing this as the result is, as Benedict says, unbalancing in either direction.

If a player insisted on doing so, I won't stop them. But they'll face the wrath of Bruce at some point... ;)

Regards,

Bruce