Re: Just starting out

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 13:47:00 -0000

>>I'd suggest giving 'em "feat-like" Talents was game-worldly
>>justified.

> But Talents are feat-like. Don't you mean giving them affinities?

What I thought Alex meant was that where feats can do "anything" that fits it's description, spirits tend to be more specific. So the "Lightning Blade" feat could mean you are indulging in very swift swordplay, or that your sword is inbued with the power of lightning, or that your sword is able to project lightning as a ranged attack, while an animist would need seperate "Swiftsword", "Shocking Blade" and "Lightning-bolt producing" spirits/talents/fetishes to do the same thing

(I ran "7 Mothers Do 'ave 'em" again last night for a group who knew nothing of HW or Glorantha, only to discover that I had one Baboon with a "Bite Hard" fetish and one with an "Ironjaw" fetish....

The group enjoyed it, BTW and got into the spirit of the thing with no real difficulty)