Time Taken to cast Spells

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:54:19 +0100

Another query that came up in a recent game.

The PC's were chasing the Sedrali through the forest, and were deciding whether or not to use their Orlanthi/Vingan movement affinities to enhance their running skills. I thought this would (effectively) be an "unrelated action" and give the Sedrali a "free turn" - The players decided in the end to "just run" - they felt they would loose too much ground pausing to do the enhancement.

Quite apart from the fact that I think it *should* take an action, I don't think they were right anyway, as the following example shows - In this case I assume both contestants start with 17 AP, bids 3 each round and always scores a marginal victory on their turn

eg No enhancement spend 1 round getting +2 Edge

Persued       Persuer           Persued         Persuer
17              17                17              17
17              14                17              14
14              14                17              11
14              11                12              11
11              11                12               8
11               8                 8               8
8                8                 8               5
8                5                 3               5
5                5                 3               2
5                2                 -2 Caught
2                2
2               -1 evaded

--

| Tim Ellis EMail tim_at_... |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations? |