Re: Re: veneration

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:00:01 +0100 (BST)

Jeff wrote:

>> An animist would treat it as a normal spirit; a venerator could
>> either obtain saint-like powers from it (at double cost), or
>> animist-like powers (at double cost), depending on how the Narrator
>> interprets the notoriously vague and doubtless binwards-heading rules
>> for Misapplied Worship.

> Yep. Nope. Yep.

Are you saying that a sorcery-user who misapplies veneration to an animist entity will only receive animist-like powers from it? That seems to contradict the Misapplied Worship rules, which IIRC suggest that e.g. an animist who ecstatically worships a deity will receive an animistic spirit of some kind by doing so -- not an affinity or feat.

But I could be wrong, and I don't care all that much either way, frankly. Roll on HW2 sans Misapplied Worship, sez me.

Cheers, Nick