Re: Increasing abilities [was: Wealth]

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:22:02 +0200

epweissengruber & Wulf :

> >So I am docked 2 cows. If I had 3W2 Wealth, and I get a 2 cow penalty
> >(not a 5 or 10 penalty), what is my Wealth
>
> Actually, with that Wealth, probably it's still 3W2. A horse is only
> worth 5W, and it's worth 4 cows, so 2 would be somewhere between 1 cow
> at 15 and 4 at 5W - say 20. But the only way to figure that out is by
> using what few numbers we have. And the problem remains if you have
> Wealth 15.

Erm, no.

Yep, 2 cows are worth twice 15 => Wealth 20.

To find out if you can pay this wergild, you use your Wealth of 3W2 against a Resistance of 20. Sounds like "pocket money" to me ...

But, good point someone made about being forced to pay wergild damaging your credit, OTOH there's petty wergild and serious wergild.

Otherwise 15 versus 20. Still do-able, especially if you have friends or Bargaining skills to help you.

Knowing what 2 cows are worth in realistic TN terms doesn't mean that the HW rules should be * scrapped * !!

Julian