RE: increased cost of advancement

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:25:32 +0100

Martin wrote:

> My house rule is the standard each mastery costs an extra point, but
> that this doesn't apply to affinities. This means that at the W2 level,
> it is the same cost to raise an standard ability as an affinity (not
> that anyone has an ability at the W2 level yet) and from W3 it is
> cheaper to raise affinities. I like this as it promotes the concept
> that magic is the way the way to great power.

Or maybe (for high-end rules-system-breakers) the number of masteries is always the *minimum* cost to increase an ability. So affinities cost 3HP to increase at levels up to and including w3, 4HP at w4, 5HP at w5, etc. While ordinary abilities cost 1HP at no masteries or w1, 2HP at w2, 3HP at w3...

Cheers, Nick