Re: simple contest

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:18:57 -0000

This is handled similarly in 7th Sea when brutes are taken down by any sort of successful hit on them by the heroes.

Or in Feng Shui - mooks attack in droves and die in droves. Our Resident Humakti really really wants to learn the 'Carnival of Carnage' feat - if the person attacked isn't a 'named villian', it dies when hit.

> To take another movie example - does anyone care *exactly* how badly
injured
> each one of the dozens of stormtroopers who are blasted in the Star
Wars
> trilogy is? All we need to know is that they're not going to be
shooting back
> at the heroes. Conversely, when Luke fights Darth Vader, it's all
shown in
> loving detail. Because he's more important to the plot.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruce

Mooks vs Villians, yep. Mind you, it beats being torn to shreds by some annoying trollkin bandits because you rolled bad dice. =)

Jeff