Re: Hero Quest Challenge rules variants

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:44:56 -0000

> Repeating a quest is explicitly banned (at least by Greg - don't
think its
> made it into print yet), but that doesn't stop you doing another
quest with
> similar enough effect to count as doubling, especially with the
annoying
> meta-skills like close combat. How else would you deal with gaining
spear
> skills on a quest? After all, just adding another style to your list
> doesn't really seem worth it.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham

I think I'd handle it not by giving a mundane skill - giving out a magical feat or ability at a 10w3 or whatever you bid is much more interesting and, since you're only able to go once, and you can't have that feat/gift already, sort of fixes the stacking problem... Kinda.

Giving a 'Lightning Spear' feat for completing Hill of Gold at 10wX or whatever and then a Sandals of Darkness feat at 10wX is probably more in keeping with Gloranthan 'reality' than just continually upping the ante...

Jeff