Re: increased cost of advancement

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:56:13 -0400

Nick Brooke wrote:

>Or maybe the number of masteries is always the *minimum*
>cost to increase an ability. So affinities cost 3 HP to
>increase at levels up to and including w3, 4 HP at w4, 5
>HP at w5, etc. While ordinary abilities cost 1HP at no
>masteries or w1, 2 HP at w2, 3 HP at w3...

That works very well for me, as a variant of the "increased cost" option, though I am still more fond of Robin's original 1 HP per +1 TN regardless of ability type. This does keep with the notion that multi-Mastery abilities are (or in this case, become) indistinguishable from magic. Bravo, Nick! :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and