Re: Old codgers and their ticks.

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 21:46:43 -0000

We always used 'test' instead of check and check for checkmarks made on paper. Test seemed a more apt usage.
> > at by the other players. They can spot a fraud faster than I
can...

> Ah yes, the old Group Laughter spe-- errrr, Feat!

Don't knock it - it seems to work pretty well.

> I've never formalised this at all, as in my last game I was still

I don't think it _should_ be formallized. Particularly with some of the rules-abusive groups we seem to be seeing comments about.

> a given ability was. Beyond getting the "good rate", if something
> been especially important (e.g. the Yinkini does nothing at all, all
> evening apart from lazing and fornicating <g>), I allow myself to be
> cajoled into giving a "yet more reduced rate" increase, and/or a
> free point or so. (A sort of "directed increase by request", if you
> like.)

Good point. I might allow that in theory but in practice it seems that players usually save up the unused HP and then using it to raise those hard-to-upgrade affinities.

Jeff