Re: the abiding book

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:41:48 -0800

Hello,

At 11:40 AM 11/14/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>Does the abiding book have a rune association, or is it "above" such
>concerns. I see the other grimoires do have runic associations.
The rune of the Abiding Book is the same as the rune for Malkion the Sacrifice, which is a Law Rune with a littler Law Rune up-side down inside of it.
Of course a part of the AB explains about the Runes, and traces the Law Rune's descent through the Actions.

>Secondly, does the Carmanian high church work from a copy of the
>abiding book transported from the west, or is their IG worship
>distinct from malkionism.

It is distinct.

>What would happen if a liturgist used a blessing on a non-
>worshipper? Would the blessing still take effect?
Probably.
Though of course no right-minded monotheist would ever think of asking the One True God to bless any stinking heathens. To even think of such a thing would take a type of person who was perhaps untrained, or impious, or liberal-minded, or practical, or perverted, or experimental. Someone like, say, a player character!

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>