Re: Player Character's challenging societies rules

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:50:45 -0000

Allowing unrestricted ability to challenge the norm also means that that norm no longer gets seen nor felt. I believe it is important to resist every challenge (but lose gracefully - or not - to the challenges that you like) just to ensure everyone understands what is, and is not, a challenge. Otherwise the original closed or medium campaign quickly ends up an Open campaign in somewhere only vaguely reminiscent of Gloratha, simply because everyone just ignores the bits of Glorantha that don't fit their pre-conceived ideas of fantasy RPGs.

I'd love to have a character take up the ancient and honourable sport of collecting heads... just to upset other players... Then if they join in, let the neighbours find out, and disapprove :-)

Wulf