Re: Gaining Affinities & Feats

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:10:19 -0700

> Try these cashews then... Someone sometime on this list mentioned a
> cap on raising Affinity/Feat ratings until you become a God-Talker or
> some such. Does this mean that there is a different limit (exactly
> what it is isn't the question) for Initiates, Devotees, and non-theist
> equivalents?

Yes.
Lay members can raise their "Worship [Pantheon]" to 10w Initiates can learn Affinities (and raise their "Initiate of") up to 10w2. Devotees can go as high as they want in affinities and "Devoted to".

This keeps your Dara Happan lay member of the Solar religion from having better magic than my Heortling Storm Voice.

The other systems have similar limits between "Lay" and "Magician", though it depends on the system.

> Oh, yes, and on a different tack, are most Heortlings literate?

Not the ones in the countryside, and not most of the ones in the city. Lhankor Mhy is the guy to worship if you want to learn readin' & writin'.

RR