Re: Re: Truestone

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:28:53 +0000

In article <9v7nt1+5jo3_at_...>, amajiksswine <James.Hawkins_at_...> writes
>> In RQ, some sources said you could pump as much magic, Rune, Spirit
>> and POW, into a piece as you had available at one session
>Didn't it become more difficult to "load" the more spells were
>contained?
>
>Off the top of my head the mechanic I'd suggest (in theistic
>nomenclature) is:

[lots of good stuff]

I'd add a minor tweak of suggesting that true stone should come in sizes, with the large sizes being better at storage. In my game I had the players having the opportunity of (under stressful circumstances):

"Per spare round up the top you get a Spot Hidden Vs R5W - marginal success is a +10 to next roll (identified a likely place), Minor is a one spell fragment (worth around 200L - maybe fingernail sized) , Major is a two spell fragment (450L, thumb sized), Complete is a pretty much unlimited fragment within same tradition/affinity (2000L, four fingers worth)."

With the stone having something like the Issaries "Trade Feats", but one way, and once used setting the feats that can be stored.

Size and value is of course very dependant on your game: 200L was meant to be seriously valuable in its own right for mine.

I also had the Truestone being able to "suck" feats out of the unwary, thus "setting" the stone to perhaps something unwanted.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...