Re: Time Taken to cast Spells

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:34:42 -0000

Right, I'll try this again, only this time with my replies included ! (must have fumbled my "Use Egroups" roll)

None taken. Nor do I normally. In this case we were trying to ensure we understood the rules "properly" - (As Nick H. said, we are intending to run Demo's in Birmingham) It does have implications beyond the specific instance, though. When you set out hunting, do you have to use all your feats before you set out (the Hunting equivalent of "The Arming of Orlanth") or do you only use them when you encounter your quarry. (RQ would lead us to believe the latter, although this may well be (another) case where RQ knowledge is a disadvantage rather than an advantage in sorting out how things work)

The example was something I did post-game to prove to myself that the enhancement was not doomed to failure...

(actually Number Crunching is much more difficult in HW, since the size of the bid can make a huge difference to the end results, and is not subject to simple laws of probability like dice rolls)

> I would say its an unrelated action, but the feat MAY help more,
> especially if its not a mere augment.

Yep, That's what I thought too!

> But chasing the DogBoyz through the woods at night is SUPPOSED to be
> tough.

It was... Until both players rolled 1's in the same round, while the dogboyz rolled failures & fumbles.....