Re: Resistance to a "negative" enhancement

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:42:01 -0800

Charles asked

> How should an unwilling recipient resist a negative enhancement of,
> say -2? Obviously they should resist a -1 with the most appropriate
> ability.

One way to look at this is that they resist at 14, unless they have a better resistance. That's because the normal resistance to a +2 (and presumably -2) is 10, but you never resist magic at less than 14.

So they resist a -4 at 20, unless they have better resistance.

I'm not sure this is the best answer, but I dislike anything that gives a bonus for resisting a -1 enhancement -- that'd make the default resistance (say) 19, as opposed to the resistance of 5 for a +1. If anything, you'd think the laws of entropy make a -1 EASIER.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>