Re: Sudden Death extended contests

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:24:01 -0000

Certainly in Sudden Death, the penalties do not carry over after the contest. It's simply a replacement for the Ap mechanic, not the wound mechanic. Defeated character would still suffer wounds as normal. You should even be able to trade in a -7pt temporary penalty for a permanent -1 wound as normal, although I'd probably change it to a 5-to-1 or oven 3-to-1 tradeoff between temporary and permanent effects.

> An opponent can be cornered, ridiculed, and belittled in an
argument, lose
> 15 AP and have their retort severly undermined (-3) yet once the
contest is
> concluded their actual self-esteem may not be impeded after a
moment of
> reflection (assuming the loser of the contest is "dazed").

Unless their reputation has suffered, in which case their 'wounded' pride may hamper them for some time.

Simon Hibbs