Re: Initiates & Devotees

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:06:01 -0000

> You think that being able to augment any action, on the fly and
> under pretty much any circumstances, that's related to a magical
> afinity is inflexible?
>

> Simon Hibbs

Remember, you can only use an ability to augument once.

An initate is going to get only one augment out of his affinity when he need it (however it chooses to manifest itself). A devotee can do considerable more 'powering up' because he knows much, much more about his god's powers. He can use any applicable feat - which allows one to 'stack' augements from the same affinity because he's using the FEATS not the Affinity....

>From our experience in a 2 year long campaign, it makes an incredible
difference. A devotee who's had a chance to draw on his god's power for a few minutes (and do a half dozen augments if he's clever) gains a significant 'edge' (as it were)

Jeff