Re: Uz iz here

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:27:07 -0000

Yes, this was a judgement call. Ultimately we chose (and Issaries urged) to adopt HW2 conventions to try and 'future-proof' the book as far as possible. In the context of the book, I hope the distinction between tradition and pactice is clear enough, Unfortunately, an attempt to pot the new animism rules to make this explicity in the book had to be abandoned: (a) it would have had to have been at least a full page to be useful, and we didn't want to cut out an existing page for it and (b) while the overall shape of the new animism rules *seem* to be fixed, the detail is not, so we might have ended up producing a gloss which actually did not match the eventual HW2 version.

> but there are still cult secrets
> using Mystic Strike rules. So a mix of 1st and 2nd edition rules.

As of putting the book to bed, new terms for Strikes hadn't been finalised by Issaries - after all, as I understand it (and everything may change tomorrow, next week or whenever!), Mystic Strikes will still be there, but by another name.

> There's also a minor point with ZZ - all three of his Affinities
are
> noted as Berserk magic, but they include rituals. Can you have a
> berserk ritual? Sounds bloody dangerous (bid half AP or more every
> time, etc.).

Well, like most things it's up to individual narrators and players, but I'd say that ZZ rituals should be violent and dangerous!

All the best

Mark

Mark Galeotti