Re: Re: "scripting" contests

From: con1453_at_...
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 05:04:18 EST

In a message dated 1/30/02 4:58:31 AM, wulfc_at_... writes:

<< Which concept? "Don't bother being clever, the important events have already been decided"? It certainly wouldn't grow on me. >>

The proper gamemastering style seems to me to be a balance between the game master's narrative, the player's actions, and chance.

Without all 3, you are doing something, but it isn't a role-playing game. But where the balance point between the three is really is different from game to game and from gamemaster to gamemaster and from player to player.

Jim Chapin