Re: Spending Hero Points

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:07:14 -0700

Robin wrote

> An early rules draft noted that you
> could just automatically accept a lower level of success if
> desired, but I believe that passage was cut for space reasons.

Being a meany, I'd probably require the hero point to change the level of success, just so you could screw up and accidentally hurt someone (like using rebated weapons in Pendragon). I can see arguments for the other way (success should mean you did what you wanted to do) but that can be hard to work with.

Hannu asked about the schedule. I've had a hard time getting hold of Greg lately (Issaries just completed a move to a new location), but my guess is they're not back from the printer yet. Maybe Roderick has details.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.