Re: Duration table

From: jeffkyer <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 17:20:44 -0000

How do you know it takes 3 hours to cook a 7 lb roast?

If we know the Black Oaks are going to raid in 2 days, that's something we have to worry abuot.

If its a two day hike to Pegasus Plateau, we have to worry about the magics emplaced by the chief and his priests lasting that long.

> Why not have a 'duration table' that, in the spirit of the other
> contest rules, cuts out a pretence of simulation and goes straight
> for what is dramatically important? Hence my suggestion: measuring
> duration by the number of
> contests or number of episodes.

Eh. Which is...? How long? I don't know. A few days? At which point... we go back to the old table.

Jeff