Re: Re: Inflation

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:06:03 -0600

At 5:11 PM -0800 2/23/02, John Hughes wrote:
>Darran:
>
>> Maybe this clan champion IS the tribal champion as well? (if not the
>> kingdoms champ)
>> The tribal champion will be a member of a clan as well as the tribe.
>> [Until the PC Heroes knock him down a peg or two. ;-) ]
>
>Like the clan champion, I suspect that the position of tribal champion is as
>much to do with politics, cult membership and allegiances as raw skill, and
>would not expect a tribal champion to necessarily be much higher in skills.

        I also imagine, this being Glorantha, that some champions (and thanes) are deficient in their office's "main ability" but have a compensating ability elsewhere. In John Hughes's example, it's Relationship Chief 10w2. I could imagine a clan or tribal champion whose highest ability is Close Combat 18w, except for Immune to All Harm (Except for That Bit on His Ankle) 10w4. Eventually, of course, the champion will meet someone with Ankle Stabbing 5w2 or a Knowing Companion with Styx Lore 5w, or get bit by a snake, or something....

Peter Larsen