Re: Re: When does the contest begin?

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:46:28 +0100

Michael Schwartz wrote:
> I outlined a contest in which a band of heroes use their
> various abilities to strip away Fazzur's magical defenses, elude or
> eliminate guards, identify ideal vantages from which to attack, etc. with
> the result of this contest determining whether (and what kind of) a die
> roll weould be needed by the triggerman to actually kill Fazzur.
> Is this what you had in mind, Benedict?

Not quite. You are suggesting an extended contest for preparation, followed by a simple contest for the termination. I'm suggesting that the whole thing could be one extended contest. Although, for your specific example, unless the characters were extremely powerful, I'd probably want to make assassinating Fazzur a series of episodes rather than only one scene (contest).