Re: augmented debugging [was: Magical Augments....]

From: charlescorrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:17:41 -0000

> when I actually started play last fall, I had to
> find out that the numerous rolls that are required
> for augmentation are too cumbersome for my tastes,
> and I dare to say, too cumbersome for the gaming
> style Hero Wars claims to support.

A house rule that we have recently adopted is to allow augments without rolls of 1 per 10 ability rating (fractions are truncated, not rounded). Player characters may choose to use this option or to roll in the hope of a better result. Followers and allies must use this option when augmenting.

This house rule has greatly speeded up two episodes and, I think, made it more enjoyable for all participants.

regards,
Charles