Re: Pointless abilities

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:56:43 -0000

I agree wholeheartedly and would just add that not only is it fun to create situations in which you can use these opportunities ('I don't draw my sword, I just respond with my Knowing Laugh and hope to disconcert him enough that he backs down') it also allows the Narrator to create situations in which those abilities can be used. This is a good example of the two-way process of good gameplay and is also a handy tactic to bring in a player who, though personality, bad luck or whatever other reason, hasn't really been able to make an impact on a session's gaming.

All the best

Mark

Mark Galeotti