Re: Augments and Hero Points

From: hairyorlanthi <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:14:34 -0000

The main trend in my game is to spend a hero point on a success vs success augment where the player rolled higher than the resistance.

That would be a failure = negative augment, but the hero point turns it into a success of course.

The biggest augment I can recall was an attempt at an ^12 where the player rolled a 1 and the resistance failed so....the old geezer was ^24 to physical defense for the fight!

Speaking of which, how broadly do you allow combat edges to be defined? I'm currently making my players cover each of the following:

Physical offense (swordhelp, etc to close and missile attacks) Physical defense (armor, fire resistance, toughness) Magical offense (fire arrow, magical damage causing edges) Magical defense (shield against spirits, resist god magic)

How do you do it? Sure, you can make a case for swordhelp working on all of these, but it seems a bit much.

Mike