Re: Re: Demos [was: Some on topic spam]

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:47:07 -0400

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> --- In hw-rules_at_egroups.com, Nick Hollingsworth <nick.hollingsworth@>
> wrote:
> >
> > What a lot of people responded to the question about player freedom
> > gloranthan norms! You must all have been waiting for something to
> pop up on
> > the list after its quiet few days.
> I've been wondering about that anyway, as we're starting off by re-
> writing old RQ characters (which were in a decidedly open campaign)
> to HW stats, hopefully in a Moderate campaign. Thus my question about
> an ex-Grazer Vingan with a (male-only) integrated spirit... I figure
> as she's broken the rules of her culture, she's NOT breaking the
> rules of a Moderate campaign...

I'm starting from scratch. Converting old campaign characters over from scratch I will leave to others, though I've had some success converting old adventures. I'd say that a male only spirit would be a highly unusual case. Once you've broken your rules to create characters, its best to throttle bck and try to stay withing the cultural bounds -- you've accomodated what has gone before but... if youwant to duplicate the old material, then you've got some roleplaying on your hands.

I'd say she's breaking the rules for a moderate campaign, if only for the cultural rules. But I could be a bit on the harsh side.

I prefer to err on the side of caution. Once given, I almost never take soemthing back from players.

> > In sharp contrast (so far anyway) is the complete silence over who
> is
> > running demos, how many there are and who is coordinating this.
> As Esdevium games in the UK still claim absolute ignorance over demo
> packs or even HW release dates, I have no idea when I'll be running
> (or running characters in) a game... but ASAP!
>
> Wulf

I suggest you talk to differnt folks there...

I am and have run several demos but I suspect this is not terribly useful to you.

Jeff