Fw: Invisibility and Making Affinities

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:58:28 -0700

Gang,

I asked Greg about Invisibility and he remembered a conversation about affinities and runes we had 'way back...

> I personally find Invisibility to be a game buster
> most of the time. When RQ was being revised it was me
> who worked it out as best that I could.
> Errol Silksword was the invisible Humakti, and it was
> a GM grant that I always regretted. It really helped
> me to define Humakt in better, more practical terms. I
> was always trying to figure out how to fix it.
> I would say that no traditional Humakti has an excuse
> to be invisible. I think their philosophy is, "I will
> be Invisible [from the normal world] forever when I am
> with Humakt. My job is to make Death visible here."
>
> Are people aware that the deity's "old rune names"
> from a previous game are the affinities of a deity?

What he means in the second case is that when making up your cults, use the "old runes" (frex, Humakt's Death amd Truth) as a guide to what affinities the cult has. Humakt's Combat and Death affinities comes under Death, and Honor come under Truth. You needn't be shackled by this idea, obviously, especially not when you've got a Major Diety on your hands, but it can help guide making your affinities.

RR