Re: Narrator hero points

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 14:57:24 -0000

I can see why you think this is worthwhile although I've never felt wholly comfortable with that style of running games. Blatantly lifting an idea from a rather different game you could grant villains villain points (VP) which are a measure of their villainous influence, initially they would probably have plenty but as the heroes thwart each of their nefarious plans their supply of VPs diminishes. Eventually the players will face the villian and the ease of the task they have will depend on the number of his/her/its plots and strategems they managed to foil.

> They are a game construct, but I think they should
> have an in-game description where your luck, divine
> favour, or whatever schtik you have carries you
> through.

Agreed, even if for most characters they themselves have little IC understanding of the schtik or how it works.

--
Nic