Re: Fw: Invisibility and Making Affinities

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 14:15:34 -0500

At 01:41 PM 5/10/00 -0400, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:

>I feel quite clever!

That's the golden -- or perhaps tin -- rule of game design. No matter how many playtesters you have, how long you give them to provide feedback, or how much you playtest yourself, there are _always_ butt-obvious mistakes that become immediately apparent within days of publication. I try to accept the inevitability of this phenomenon, but it still gnaws at me.

In this case, I even asked playtesters to look for other magical effects that ought to be listed as being extra difficult. And invisibility is a well-recognized bugaboo power. Yet I still made the omission, and dozens of eyes failed to catch my dopey error.

Ah well, it could be worse. This could be a CCG. The phenomenon is even more painful in that sphere.

Take care >>> Robin