Re: First Aid

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 12:09:02 -0000

>No - it's an Ability Test (-1 per hurt), which is a straight roll vs
>your First Aid TN. So if you have 12 and you are trying to cure one
>hurt, you just need to roll 11 (12-1) or less.

 Ah! that makes much more sense (Too busy looking for resistances, I forgot the simple ability check - doh!)

> (FWIW, I think that's too easy, but that's what the rules say)

 I suspect this too, but it may depend on how keen you are on hurting the characters (curing one hurt even at a starting skill of 1 is a 55% chance - someone with 8 hurts on the other hand... (And if you are trying to heal yourself then the penalties effectively count double since you are hurt)

Actually how would you handle someone with 8 hurts - is it one roll at -8, success cures all 8, failure has no effect, one roll at -x, where x is the number of hurts you want to cure, several rolls at -x, providing the sum of all values of x is no more than 8, or 8 individual rolls, the first at -8 and the subsequent ones at - the current value of the hurt, each success curing 1 hurt...