Re: Modelling EC consequences

From: giangero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:54:36 -0000

> I think a group of archers, game mechanics wise, would be better
> working individually rather than as a group with pooled AP even if
> they were mooks, it would better reflect the increased effect of
massed
> archers... (ie would give multiple opponent penalties rather than
take
> longer to work down the AP). Opinions?

Yes, of course.

The same is true even for close combat fighters: a group of individuals is much more effective/dangerous than an AP pool with the same ability rating.

The choice between the two kinds of representation is well shown in the rules (trollkin mob or individual trollkin). You, as the narrator, could decide that only if it is relevant to the story, the individuals are treated as such and not as an AP mass. BUT I think your players need an explanation, like: "The (proverbial) trollkin mob is an AP pool, but _this_ troup of enlo has been ordered by a Zorak Zorani deathlord to fight as individuals against superior foes (the heoes)", before you aplly the individual combat modifiers.

Ciao,
Gian